Thursday, August 5, 2010

Anyone a hair stylist?

Next fall I am going to cosmetology school, but I have some questions. I am leaning towards going to a Paul Mitchell partner school in Dallas, but have been told by many to go to Tony%26amp;Guy. Paul Mitchell is known for being so classic, and thats my style. What woud you recommend? And what are some of the things I should expect in school and when I become a hair stylist? hours? pay? Is it difficult to learn all the techniques? I really enjoy the beauty field and I think this is something that I will love. And another question, would doing makeup really go hand in hand with hair? Any help is appreciated! ThanksAnyone a hair stylist?
I'm currently in high school and I'm enrolled in a cosmetology course which will end up in me earning my license saving me a lot of money so I can't really comment on cost.








I went to both the websites so here you are:


http://toniguyacademy.com/Dallas.aspx#Ge鈥?/a>





http://www.paulmitchelltheschool.com/pms鈥?/a>








it really depends what you want to do with your license.


If you want photoshoots, runway, models, ect, you should probably go with Tony%26amp;Guy


If you want to work at a normal booth at a salon, Paul Mitchell would be a safe bet.





The techniques are somewhat difficult.


I really like cut and color, and that is my strength.


even if all you want to do is cut and color, you still must learn up-do's and everything to pass your state license test.


So make sure you are willing to spend a great chunk of time perfecting one updo before presenting it to your teacher.





hope I helped. any more questions, I can try to answer.Anyone a hair stylist?
I would definitely suggest a Paul Mitchell School. Paul Mitchell is the only company out there that is really for the stylist. By going to a PM school you will learn the newest techniques and designs as well as chemical services. As for what to expect from the industry, well that is something that only you can do for yourself. It is an industry that you can go as far as you want and do so many different things in the industry. Good Luck and enjoy the time in school but be careful not to get caught up in any drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment