Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tipping a hair stylist to correct color that didn't turn out right the 1st time?!?

I'm getting married in a week and a half and I have to actually go back to my stylist to fix the color she did. She usually does a great job, but the problem is she went too dark and now my hair is too dark to match my extensions. So I have to go back and obviously am not paying for it to be redone, since it cost me roughly around 150 only 2 days ago. I gave her a 30 dollar tip when I was there, so since I'm not paying for her to correct the color should I leave her another tip for her time again?Tipping a hair stylist to correct color that didn't turn out right the 1st time?!?
Most important thing? You're getting married in a week and half! :) So I say tip her just in case you have a hair emergency closer to the date.





Congratulations in advance!





PS: I'd probably just tip her a twenty though - it's a large-ish single note so still looks ok, and you've already spent a lot of money.Tipping a hair stylist to correct color that didn't turn out right the 1st time?!?
Do not re-tip your hair stylist. $30 was a gracious tip for hair color that didn't turn out correctly. The hair stylist sees it as at least she isn't leaving me, and she's continuing to be a client. She could lose you all together and you could spread the word that she isn't good.





A simple thank you for your time to re-correct the hair color is proper etiquette in this situation.
Well if she does a great job, I would tip 20. But, you know if you are going back and redo the hair, it might look good but you are damaging your hair big time. Unless it looks terrible, I would just stay as is. If you decide to go correct it then don't tip her if you are not satisfied with it and you have all the right to do that.
No, I would not re-tip your stylist. She is the one that messed up your hair and you paid her very good money to do your hair and tipped her well too. I would go in let her fix your hair, and then be very nice and tell her that you will see her in a month or two, and thank her for fixing your hair and walk out. DO NOT FEEL GUILTY for not re tipping her, if she had done the right job the 1st time you wouldn't have to be going back anyway and she wouldn't be getting your 2nd tip anyway. Good luck
I think it depends-If she seems genuinely sorry, and does a great job this time, I would give her say a $15 tip.


If she doesn't seem bothered by the fact that she screwed with your hair the last time then don't bother giving her a tip. Just say thanks for fixing it up, give her a smile and leave.





How frustrating!! I would be so mad if someone messed up my hair before my wedding! Even though it was (hopefully lol) an accident.





:)
yeah, just give her a little tip. because she is spending her time to do it. buuut then again she messed up. but still give her a little tip, because she's loosing money by not doing other people. also sometimes when they mess up, their job makes them pay for whatever you would of had to pay.


://
I would leave a smaller tip because she IS taking the time to correct it for you, and she ISNT charging you.





Hairstyling is still a ';work of art'; that takes time, effort, and is done by hand.
i say no because she messed it up especially since it was so close to your wedding. i couldn't imagine that happening to me before i got married.
I won't tip her more than $15 to $20 this time and if she's graceful she should refuse atleast once to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment