Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ladies/girls; ever have a stylist screw up your hair so bad it brought you to tears?

It's probably happened to most of you at some point; the bad haircut/perm/color etc..





But was there one incident that started you bawling?





Let's hear what you have to say.Ladies/girls; ever have a stylist screw up your hair so bad it brought you to tears?
Yes, tears for months! I was a long-standing client at an upscale Aveda salon and spent tons of money there since I got everything done there (waxing, cut, color, facials, nails and all the Aveda products). After much deliberation I decided to have my long, shiny, naturally curly hair straightened and while he was rinsing the chemical out, my hair began to fall out in clumps, clogging the drain. Then they had to cut my long hair to chin length and couldn't blow it dry as it just continued to fall out. I left the salon looking awful, my hair was completely fried. I cried all night and awoke to a pillow full of hair. I ended up having to have someone else from the salon come to my house and try to salvage my hair but, it was melted at the scalp and I ended up giving the o.k. to shave my head! I didn't get an apology from the guy who did it or the owner of the salon until a week later! I had to see a dermatologist for the scalp burns and wear a wig for 10 long months. It was a complete nightmare to say the least. Thankfully, the damage was not permanent and my hair has grown back.Ladies/girls; ever have a stylist screw up your hair so bad it brought you to tears?
Yes, I did pursue legal action after I found out they were telling clients that I was to blame for the incident! They falsely stated that I did not tell them that I was on fertility drugs ( I had not been for 2 years) at the time and that some freak chemical reaction took place. COWARDS!

Report Abuse



31 years ago when I was in college in Bozeman, Mt, my boyfriend had just broke up with me. Thinking I needed to start over, I decided to get a new style at the downtown beauty college. I asked the rookie for a ';Dorothy Hamill'; haircut (very popular at the time), maybe she didn't know what I was talking about but when I left my hair was only about one inch long all over. I cried all the way back to campus, I was sooo humiliated. It's funny now but it sure wasn't at the time.
Actually.. here...





I never actually thought it was bad at the time.. I look back and realize that it looked really bad, but that was the style then.





So to answer your qustion, no not yet. (knock on wood.)





:-)
yup i cried when this lady cut my hair way to short i was so upset cuz i love my hair so much ( =
My perm was burning really bad that it bought me to tears. I just took my hair down and I got a perm but if u have my type of hair if it burns that good because it burn the danjers and the roots to make it straight
YES! My hair was long and I asked if she would feather it at the sides of my face and taper to it's (then) present length in the back. She chopped my hair in a blunt cut that barely touched my shoulders! That was decades ago in a Penney's saloon and I bought a scarf to put over my head before going home! I cried all the way home where my father, who used to be a barber, recut it and it turned out cute. But, I missed my long hair and wasted my money!
never had been too bad, but he always screws it up (too short) and it takes forever to grow back. i hated it
My sister did. He was a home stylist. She had hair which was down to her armpits and he started cutting one side at shoulder length and then got shorter and shorter as he went round (not meaning to) so the other side was up to her ear. She had to have it all cut to her ears. I think she cried for about 5 hours if I remember rightly....

No comments:

Post a Comment