Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My hair stylist made a big mistake or so I think!?

I have been going to this one hair stylist for about 6 yrs. Started with a perm oops! when she fried my ends some strands came out straight. I never got another perm %26amp; decided that if I needed to get another perm I would find someone else. She is really good with hair color and I get lots of compliments on my hair color...even from complete strangers. I don't always get a good cut from her because sometimes she concentrates on one side and the neglected side never looks terrible but is a little difficult to style because of the uneven cut. On Wednesday I went to get my roots touched up and just a few highlights on top. I got home to find that she applied the highlight bleach over the top ends of the foils and now I have 3 stripes in my hair. Luckily there is just enough hair that isn't messed up so I can part it on the side and its not super noticable. Would you go back? Would it be impossible to find another stylist to duplicate my fav color? Would you be mad or understanding?My hair stylist made a big mistake or so I think!?
My mom has owned a salon forever and color is what people have the most problems with. It is not impossible to find another hair stylist. I would not go back to get my hair redone, except you should go back to her and tell her that she messed up your hair. You can politely tell her that you are unhappy, if she is a good stylist, she should offer to fix your hair for free. Just tell her no thanks and that you are going to be finding a new stylist. You should go and talk to other stylists and tell them why you are looking for someone new and make sure they understand what you are wanting. It sounds to me like your stylist now has an attention problem and is maybe trying to do too many other things while doing your hair. Another thing, don't perm your if you have bleach in your hair. Any good stylist would advise you against it because it will melt your hair.My hair stylist made a big mistake or so I think!?
I would go back and ask for a refund or a redo, then in the future look for another hair stylist. There's always another stylist who can do your favorite color, you just need to go to lots of places, ask friends for recommendations, etc.
I'd go back. Unless you paid 10 bucks to get your hair done, you should always get your monies worth. Also, why not just use this stylist for color only, and use another for the cut? Many salons have have multiple stylist work on one person.


Make sure to speak up when something goes wrong, otherwards it'll happen again. Most stylists are confident enough to not feel offended if something goes wrong. and if they are, then maybe it is time to get a new stylist.
Understanding NO way you pay way to much for hair services for them to be screwed up! You shouldn't have to manipulate your hair right after you get it done to make it look good! I would try a new stylist, I go to regis in the mall and I know they have them all over the U.S. and they have been good everywhere I have ever been they have really high standards!
hi honey,





go back to the salon, explain that you appreciated everything that that hairdresser did, but was diddapointed by the end result. say it wasnt what you expected. what they will suggest it to get your hair cut agin, and sorted for free. but this time explain that you want somene else to do it.


they wont mind. go asap because if you leave it too late they may not be able to help.





rememebr be nice, smile, appriecate their help, lsiten to eha they have to say and say to them that they are the only store you like. they will be more thatn happy to help. but if you have an attitude they will not help you.


make suree your polite to, treat them with respect, and they will appriciate you even more. becuase at the end of the day they dont want unhappy customers or reviews.





a tip for next time....


explain what you want, show a picture if possible. and then in the end ask them, what they are going to do. that way you will be 100% sure that they understand, then if it goes wrong it will be their fault.





last week i got mine cut and they did my fringe wanky. so they sorted it out for me. :D





also, dye your hair one colour maybe a red or a dark brown, then get more higlights out in....but tell them and they will change and correct it























hope i have hlped. bye honey xx
Truthfully put yourself in her shoes and see how you would feel if you did that to someones hair. I personally would not be mad and just go back explain what she did and ask her to please fix it if you like the woman and she generally does a good job then you should give her another chance. I think she could tell you what she uses in your hair like what part color to what part another color and any good stylist could easily match it.
I've had similar problems...it seems you can never get someone who does the color the way you want it and also cuts/styles it the way you want. Up until this last incident I would have said just go to her for color and tell her something like one of your family members cuts hair and you can't say no (and go to someone else to cut your hair.) But I'm not completely sure I know what you mean with this bleach...it sounds like she is a little careless. I think you should at least try someone else - just look for hair color on other people that you really like and ask where they get theirs done. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment