Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ladies: what was the worst thing a stylist ever did to screw up your hair?

Ladies: The bad haircut/style/color, I'm sure, has happened to most, if not, all of you at some point in your lives.





But has one bad experience ever made you start bawling?





Let's hear what you have to say!Ladies: what was the worst thing a stylist ever did to screw up your hair?
A few years ago, I had an appt. at my favorite salon in town. Well, the lady who normally cuts my hair had the day off that morning, so I got stuck with this new girl. This new girl didn't know what she was doing, and it took her an HOUR to cut my hair. (It normally takes the other woman about half an hour to 45 mins.) Well, I knew things were sketchy when she kept calling the owner of the store over to ask questions on how to cut my hair. I walked into the salon with a normal haircut, then walked out with a shaggy Harry Potter look. Let me just say, that was over 4 years ago, and I STILL get teased about it to this day!Ladies: what was the worst thing a stylist ever did to screw up your hair?
i got my hair layered this one time and let me tell you, the layered cut i got looked more like a mullet. had to go get it cut again to fix the mess up from the layering. it was very frustrating.
She cut it too short.. It looked like a guy's haircut.. :'( I was so frustrated!
I used to have side sweep bangs but the hair stylist gave me really thick bushy bangs! It was awful.
I had very long hair (to my waist) I asked for a layered cut like Farrah Fawcett (original Charlies Angel on TV) and the girl gave me bangs and a blunt shoulder length cut....





I cried for the rest of the evening and tried to straighten it out myself - it actually came out better than what she did, but still not what I had wanted
I got my hair cut way too short one time so it poofed way out, but it was my fault because I told the stylist I wanted to try something different.


I didn't cry though, I just whined about it a little. =).


鈾?Kerry
cutting it way to short
I had a perm on long hair in high school and it got fried! Then I let a student hairdresser cut my hair and she cut it too short. Oh ya then there was the time I put red henna on my bleached blonde hair while working at a salon. It looked like ketchup!! Don't yak too much to a hairdresser or you'll not have any hair left!
she shaved the back of my neck!!! I was mortified for about 2 minutes and then I got over it.
She cut it THREE inches shorter than I wanted it! AND my hair grows SO slow! ICK!
if you've ever watched married w/ children and you remember the character Marcy Darcy when her hair was cut short and curled on top that was me... sad to say i'm 5'2'' and at the time weighed in at 148 and was 17years old. god that was sad...
Not that it was as horrible as it could have been -





I had very long hair - past my butt in a braid - went in for a trim and came out with hair so short it didn't even hit my shoulders. Of course after the first cut I freaked out but it was too late. She was busy talking and not paying attention.





Not only have I never gotten my hair professionally cut again, I took classes and cut my own hair.
Cut my hair all OFF!
About a month ago, I went to a salon to get my haircut. I wanted a couple inches trimmed off the back and to have layers on the sides and blended in. Unfortunately, the lady that was to attempt to cut my hair ended up lacking in her English skills. I should've walked out right then and there, but no...I stayed and let her cut my hair. Every few minutes she'd stop and have to ask her translator something and she'd resume cutting. When the cut was done, it didn't look all that bad. It looked ok for a couple weeks. Now that my hair's growing out, it's very noticeable that she didn't really layer the sides at all. It's like all she did was layer the bottom of the hair..and it's not even blended in right. So, it looks like choppy layer on top of choppy layer. Not what I had in mind.


I'm to the point to where I can't stand to look at it or even touch my hair, because it makes me cringe. This weekend I'm going somewhere else to get a perm and see if they can layer it the way I originally wanted it layered to begin with.
Had an inexperienced stylist burn my hair with a spiral perm. My waist length hair began falling out in clumps. I had to get it cut to above my shoulders to salvage it, since it's own weight was all it took to break it off. It looked so awful for about a year, what was left was fried and completely unmanagable. I could have killed her. It was my senior year in high school, and my hair was my best feature up to that point. Took about 2 years to get it back to where it had been before that wretched perm.
The worst thing a hair cutter did to my hair was cut it!
I let an asian lady cut my hair and i came out with a chinese haircut..and I'm Latina!!
when i went to this hair cut place and its a place where they have learned how to do haircuts and they are cheap on haircuts so my family took me their and get my haircut..i ask for a haircut to my shoulders..and i was wondering why is everyone looking at me werid... this ladie cut my hair very very short.. like to my ears...I got so angry and upset at her.


since then i never gone their..i refuse too..
I'm latin and have wavy hair. Not everyone knows how to style my hair and therefore I don't let just anybody touch my hair. But a few years ago, I went to a salon at a local mall and this Italian man blow dried my hair. I came out with a bad burn on my forehead and my hair looked like I was going to a Halloween party. I had a wedding to go to that day. It was so bad that the reception took one look at me and didn't even charge me. I got in my car, cried for about 10 minutes, went home and washed my hair and went to the wedding with my natural wavy hair. It was probably the worst experience and the worst headache I've ever had.
it was the day before my sisters wedding and our regular stylist had to cancel our appointments due to illness. we had to go to chain hair salon. i had shoulder length straight hair and wanted it thined out a bit and some layers put in. well, i'm busy talking to my sister and not really paying attention and when i looked at my hair, i started crying. she had cut it in some 80's rocker look and then she said it would look great if she used a razor on the ends. oh my god!!i looked like a freak of nature. the next day my mom was actually cutting my hair as we were getting to walk down the isle at the wedding. it took 2 years, alot of product,and some fancy hairstyles to get rid of that cut. never again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment