Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to ask Hair Stylist/Dye Dark to Bright?

so my hair stylist moved away on me :( nah not really, we're good friends and she told me she was moving. anyways! now it's time for me to change my hair colour. I have an appointment to get my hair coloured and trimmed with a new stylist but I don't know how to ask her how to acheive this hair colour [pics included]





Right now I'm at a level 4 brown, which is my natural hair colour, I do love it. But now I want to have it black with bright colours, like I used to have it a couple years ago.





I'm wanting to get pink, like this as the bright colour with black;


http://media.photobucket.com/image/black鈥?/a>


http://media.photobucket.com/image/black鈥?/a>


http://media.photobucket.com/image/black鈥?/a>





more like the first two more choppy, but I love the brightness of the last photo.





Anyways, should I probaly just take in the pictures instead of trying to explain? Is it possible to die your hair that bright if its already dark?





thanks


hollyyHow to ask Hair Stylist/Dye Dark to Bright?
Definitely bring those pictures with you. This is a new stylist for you and she may be a visual person.





It's difficult without looking at your hair whether that bright pink is achievable on you. If your hair is long and you had it colored a couple years ago, chances are that old color is still in your hair towards the ends, which means those areas will be unpredictable when bleach is applied to them. The good news is that to achieve pink, hair doesn't need to be lifted to a pale blond (like for blue hair color) to be bright.





Hopefully your new stylist will be knowledgeable and honest and be able to determine if this will be possible without putting the texture of your hair at risk, although a little dryness is to be expected.





Hope it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment