Saturday, August 21, 2010

What can my usual hair stylist do to fix my hair color that was ruined?

Long story short I have been coloring, then highlighting my hair for years so I have a lot of dye in my hair but have cut most of it off. For some reason whenever I get my hair dyed at the salon my hair after a month the dye will fade and go back to this orangey shade. I always go lighter usually a cinnamon color. My natural color is a very dark brown. The girl I go to is really good but last time she did my hair it faded within 3 weeks so I made the stupid decision of going to another salon my friend recommended me too. The girl did it horribly and the highlights look brassy, even though I just got my crown done and I asked for a chestnut base and the color came out almost black, even darker then my natural. I spoke with the owner who said all she could do was add more highlights and the base may lighten up with washing it. I actually would like my money refunded but what else can I do. I am going to go back to my usual girl on Saturday even though I feel bad I tried someone other then her in the first place lol. I want my hair back to one shade, the cinnamon color I usually have. If she dyes my hair over with my usual color over will it take? Should I just have her strip it out? I know something can be done and the other place just didn't want to or don't know what to do and are just unprofessional, plus I wouldn't trust them touching my hair again.What can my usual hair stylist do to fix my hair color that was ruined?
Artificial hair color cannot lighten artificial haircolor. In other words, no color your hairdresser puts on it will show, but it may go darker.


I recommend letting her do a very heavy hi-lite on you to lighten the darkness of your hair's base color, then put the cinnamon color on that you want. It will take it on the lightened sections. (That's why I recommended the heavy hi-lite first-- that will leave quite a bit of your hair lightened, and therefore able to take the color.)


Explain to your hairdresser that you are having problems with your haircolor fading very quickly and see can be done to fix that. You can also mention that you were too embarrassed to tell her that before, that's why you tried somewhere else. Most hairdressers would appreciate your honesty! I know that I always appreciate someone telling me those things directly, instead of finding out later they were dissatisfied. If you don't communicate to your hairdresser that what she's doing isn't working for you, how is she supposed to know to do any different? =)


She shouldn't, but if for any reason your hairdresser gets upset with you for trying to let her know the color she's been doing on you wasn't working, it might be worth finding a new hairdresser.


Good luck!What can my usual hair stylist do to fix my hair color that was ruined?
Trouble is i n the UK we put up with things and don't go back and complain. Go back, tell them you are not happy with the result as the colour looks brassy, ask them to re do your hair dying it back to its original colour.
first of all if appears brassy they can put a toner on it at he salon where you had it done at go back and ask for a toner now yes they will strip your hair and then recolor it as close as possible to your natural color designer here

No comments:

Post a Comment