Saturday, August 21, 2010

Should I Fire Hair Stylist?

I own a Private Salon (Small area one booth).I recently hired a stylist to work inside of it. I told him that despite the size I would need two people to share (him and another stylist) ,because of the large rent being charged. At the time he said ok and moved in. He then began asking me to take my pictures, furniture and other belongings out.(in a nice way of course)I ignored that and kept him. So far we have worked together for two weeks of hell. My other stylist has had to deal with him basically acting like a 5th grader not allowing her anytime to work.





He has called the building manager twice on me and said out loud if front of client’s that he thinks I am “Greedy and trying to grab as much money as I can”. I find this funny seeing that he pays me less money than the other stylist. I believe that this individual does not understand the meaning of the word” Sharing” I want to fire him, but I also do not have enough money to keep up the rent….What should I do? I have already spoken with him twice. He raises his voice at me and has told me to “Get a bigger room”. I find that presumptuous seeing that he does not know my financial status. I do not believe he is a Team Player and I can only envision future problems with this individual. Should I ask him to leave before it is too late?Should I Fire Hair Stylist?
He would be So Fired. And as a business that small you never have to show cause.Should I Fire Hair Stylist?
yess definately!!!!


i do understand that you do have the issue with the rent but it seems like keeping him around and having him yell at you IN FRONT OR CLIENTS is going to make you lose business and therefore possibly have even more money issues you need someone to respect you


fire him!!!


and good luck :)
Yes, you can give him several months notice so that should be enough time to find a replacement.
Find someone to replace him and then fire him on the spot.





C'mon you can do it!
don't be scared by you employs your the employer you take control of the ship.
it sounds more like you want to so u should.

No comments:

Post a Comment