Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tipping a hair stylist?

The salon I go to owned by one person who rents the building. All the stylists own their own booths and charge whatever they please. All the stylists have different rates and work whatever hours they want.





Since my stylist is the only woman I pay, do I still have to tip her?...or is that already included since she tells me how much after each visit depending on what she has done for me, style, cut, color, etc.





Does anyone know if I need to tip her? I didn't think I needed to because she is the only one the money goes to. It's like the tip is already included...Tipping a hair stylist?
a tip is just to let her know that you really love what she did, so if you love it, then yes tip her, even if its only 5 bucks.Tipping a hair stylist?
She may figure out a built in tip but she not ';the only one that the money goes to.'; She is paying rent, utilities, and any advertisement to the owner.





Old school rules:





10% to barbers, hair stylists, %26amp; bartenders.








Ex-girlfriend / hair stylist's rules:





20% even though she was also the owner.
yes, you should tip your hair stylist. There is a chance that they don't make much money off of the hair cut, if they have to pay rent for the building or anything extra, so tipping them should give them a little extra. Plus, it lets them know that you like the job they did, gives them confidence :)
Yeah, You should tip her(unless, She's the owner, Then you don't tip the owner.). The money doesn't just go into her pocket. She has to get products for her clients hair, She has to pay the booth rental, etc.
since she charges you what ever she wants im Pretty sure she charges you with the tip included....





you don't need to tip her unless you think shes charging you let the the style was worth....
I tip 10% of the total cost of the service and only when it is good, which is just about every time I see my stylist.
u shud probably give a small 2 or 3 dollar tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment