Saturday, August 21, 2010

If your a really experienced hair stylist and you know alot about relaxing hair...?

I was wondering what damage what happend to my hair if i relaxed it. my mom is mexican and my dad is african. you can kinda guess what my hair is like. i have A LOT or hair. super super curly hair but not the tiny curls that african american girls have. i want to relax it cause I HATE MY HAIR! i also want to put three streaks of red on the back of my head. so here are my questions:


1. will relaxing my hair damage my hair so bad that it wont grow anymore or grow extremely slow?(by the way my hair grows extremely fast


2. how long would my hair being relaxes last?


3. if i put the three streaks of red in my hair would that really mess it up and make my hair fall out or is it just better to not do the color?





thanks so much in advance if you try and answer these quesiton!


sorrry for writing so much haha :)If your a really experienced hair stylist and you know alot about relaxing hair...?
If you are going to relax, then it's best to wait a few months until you do color, because you will overprocess your hair like that causing breakage.





Relaxing your hair would not slow damage rate or cause it to grow slower. Your hair would grow the same. The reason why you see a lot of people who relaxed their hair, with short hair, is not because it does not grow, but because they damaged their ends so bad that they had to cut most of it off. Relaxing makes the hair weak and strips the hair of moisture. You MUST deep condition your hair at least once a week, and always make sure your hair is moisturized if you do not want split ends.





Also, you can not put as much stress on the hair as you did before. Meaning, you can not put as much heat on it (or if you do, put the heat on a lower setting), and you should not put any added stress on it by putting it in braids right after you relax it, because your hair needs time to strengthen.





But the most important thing is keeping it moisturized and deep conditioning. If you follow these steps, your hair should not have much breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment