Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Professional Hair Stylist question...Please Help!!!!!!!?

There are many details to this so please bare with me. My natural hair color is dirty blonde. 3 months ago I died my hair red. My roots grew in and for a birthday present for myself I went to the Regency Beauty Institute today to get my hair died. I had about 3 inches of dirty blonde roots and the rest of my hair which is 2 inches past my shoulder was the washed out red. Anyways I told the stylist that I wanted to get back closer to my natural hair color. They said I would have to bleach my hair and they didnt want to do that. Instead they dies my hair a similar red with partial highlights ';to lighten it up'; My hair is now bozo the clown red on top and gingery red on bottom with blonde streaks everywhere. THIS IS A NIGHTMARE. When I look in the mirrow i just cry. Here are my questions..... Can this be fixed? My 21st birthday party is in 12 days and i look awful. I am willing to cut my hair bleach it whatever! What are my options? How much will this cost me? Please help?Professional Hair Stylist question...Please Help!!!!!!!?
I think the best thing to do would be to go to a dependable salon and have them dye it for you. Since your hair is a few different colors, they'll probably bleach it, then dye it the color of your choice. Whatever you do, don't dye it yourself, because in your situation it will just end in disaster (trust me). But if you go to a professional salon, they should be able to fix your problem. Depending on the salon, it can cost anywhere from $40-100, but it's worth it to have beautiful, healthy hair.





Hope I helped, good luck with your hair dilemma, and happy birthday! :)Professional Hair Stylist question...Please Help!!!!!!!?
I would use a drabber to calm down the reddish tones, you can get one at any beauty salon.





Walk into a professional salon a well known name like Fantastic Sams or something and they will be happy to advise you. Better to ask someone who can see the hair in person.





I made the mistake of allowing a college student cut my hair and I lost 10 inches due to the girl cutting my layers crooked.
Color correction can be tricky. The thing with red is that it fades fast but lingers for a long time. There are products like Modulate which reverse what the developer does and can lighten the color. You may want to cover the red with a dark ash blonde and do a lot of highlights. Whatever you decide, it's worth the money to get it done by a stylist with color correction experience. I would never trust my hair to a chain salon stylist.





If you don't know someone ask around. I always recommend my clients talk to the girls at cosmetic counters when they move away to find good leads on where they should go.





It can be fixed =)
Calmly call the salon that you went to (the Regency Beauty Institute) and explain that you're not satisfied and you'd like to know what your options are. They should be able to help you with minimal damage to your hair and minimal damage to your wallet. You've already paid them to color your hair so I would think they'd be willing to help adjust the color for you. They may suggest you wait a day or two so it's not so hard on your hair but you've got plenty of time to change it before your birthday. In the meantime, maybe enjoy a little ';clowning around'; until you get it fixed. It's only hair and it will be fixed in only a few days, I'm sure. Also, I'd avoid blonde since your haid has the reddish tint in it at this time--I'd go for light brown so that the color looks more neutral and as it fades over time, it won't get overly reddish.
Definitely, Definitely DEFINITELY go to another professional place. Wear a hat into public, I know it will be embarrassing without one. Show them what the other place did to your hair, and take along a picture to show them what you want your color to be. Bleaching your hair once if it isn't damaged is not going to hurt it as much as it seems. That way, you can get all of the red out of your hair and just go back to your natural color.
  • foundation makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment