Saturday, August 21, 2010

Question for hair stylists about how much you charge?

What do you base how much you charge when you do people's hairs? I got my hair highlighted and was charged $120. My friend went to the same stylist, same length hair, had the same thing done but she was charged $68. I'm a nurse and my friend is a counselor. I noticed that hairstylists always ask what you do for aliving. Of course they might just be making small talk, but the only thing I can think of is that they take into consideration what you do for a living. Am I wrong?Question for hair stylists about how much you charge?
Yeah... we sorta do but not the difference from $68.00 to $120.00... there has to be something that she done for you to make the difference so extreme... it could be when hi-liting how many strand of color I put into the hair... 80 strands vs. 180... or how much time I had to spend styling afterwards... how technical the cut was... if it was a simple trim straight off the bottom that is going to be cheaper.





There are a lot of things that can determine price... I charge everyone basically the same but if I see a person and I know they are struggling to manage getting into me... I do give people breaks.





This is posted in my salon... My prices are based on the time it takes to perform a service, in addition to the cost and amount of product used.





Ask next time... before she starts ask why yours is higher than this other persons and if there is a way you could save money... there is a lot of times I would rather not do something... styling for example... I would rather not style someones hair... give them a quickie style to get them out the door cause it is not one of my money making services based on the time it takes... color services on the other hand is what I like$$$... so ask it won't hurt.





hope this helped:-)))Question for hair stylists about how much you charge?
i have also had a similar experience regarding this


my friend attends public school and i go to a catholic high school


we go together once every two weeks to get a blowout and wash


we both have hair down to our lower back.





i am always charged $35


and my friend is charged only about $23-$25





i always assume that this is because i go to a private school.


so yes i would definetely agree with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment