Thursday, August 5, 2010

Becoming a hair stylist?

I am 21 years old attending a community college and will finish my associates degree in May (general ed/Business) I am not thinking about my options and whether I want to continue with a Bachelors degree or I am thinking about going to cosmotology school. After researching how much beauty school is I am realizing it is A LOT more than I had thought. Almost $15,000. I like to do hair and makeup and I'm very into fashion. I live about 2 hours away from NYC and would love to work in an upscale salon if I did choose to obtain a lisence.





I would really love honest opinions on if I should get a cosmotolgy lisence or continue with business. I am kind of money hungry and would love to live a lavish lifestyle. ...any people who work as a hair stylist I would love to hear your past experiences and help me make my decision.





PS i already have $14,000 in student loans %26amp; would probably take another $15,000 out for Beauty School- there would be no turning back!!Becoming a hair stylist?
I am a cosmetologist. I have taught at a beauty college (Regency beauty institute).


I am also going to school full time for a business degree.


I just opened my own salon.





I think I would check out some more schools. Cosmetology school is only about 10 months long. you could go to school for that, get a job, live your lifestyle for a while. Do you know how much stylist can get paid in NYC??? A lot!





While you do hair you could always go back to school to get a bachelors degree. Thats what I am doing. I still think after I graduate, I will continue to do hair. I love it. I hear too many people who wanted to do it , and did not do it , and they regret it.


You are so young. And you live close to NYC. I only could only dream of working there(I married young and have a family) If I could I would do it different.


Now I am 32, and proof that you can always go back to school.


The beauty industry is for a young person.!


GO for it.


Just make sure you finish your aas degree first! Plus try and find scholorships!





Good luck!Becoming a hair stylist?
Wow thats expensive. Be sure and check around. Community colleges offer cosmetology. I've been a stylist since 1992 and I absolutley love it. You really have to be a people person and be flexable. The amount of money you can make is endless. Just depends on how much you want to charge and how many hours you are willing to work.
idk
thats a cheap cosmo school youre looking at. I go to school and its more that 17000..





its also spelled cosmetology. If you really want to do it then go for it but you need to realize that you will be spending everyday including saturdays at school. Most people in beauty school do not have time to hold jobs either. Your hours would be somehing like mon-fri 8-5 and sat 8-4





depends on the school you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment