Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rude African American hair stylist.?

Why are most of you conceited, rude, cocky, competitive and talk behind customers back?





Just 1 of many examples


Friend and I are in the beauty supply store inquiring about a wig (friend has alopecia). Lady walks in and from the door she is loud, rude and had a bad attitude. Anyway, she walks over to a sample wig and interrupts us and the attendant who was helping us. Loud woman asked what kind of hair is this. Her response to the attendants answer was basically, OH NO I'M TO GOOD FOR THAT, OH NOOOO. Ok to each it's own, so what. Comment not a big deal. The big deal was when she walked past my friend and frowned like she had a sour taste in her mouth as she giggled she makes this comment. ';I'm glad I do hair';. I feel he comment was directed at my friend to hurt her feelings. I come across a lot of hair stylist with this attitude so I know her comments were directed at my friend. Why do hairstylist have this attitude? Their job is to contribute to building a woman's self esteem, not the opposite.Rude African American hair stylist.?
Do NOT put all African American hair stylists in the same category. Because, all African American hair stylists are not the same. I'vee met people from ALL races with nasty attitudes. Those who have these type of attitudes clearly have issues within themselves. Instead of dealing with them, they walk around mad at the whole world, and have nasty attitudes. That is their problem, the most you can do is bring it to their attention. Its up to them to change their nasty ways, but most definitely an apology is due.Rude African American hair stylist.?
Race has nothing to do with and people from all races AND careers are rude and ignorant toward others. It's a part of life and we can't change others who choose to bully in this way....yes, this is considered bullying. Just find someone who is nice and will respect you, and most people you will find do not have this attitude. Just don't let this get you down.





And, you must have a problem with race since you brought it up and race has nothing to do with this issue...and it doesn't matter whether you (original poster) are black or white.
Why did you have to say African american hairsylist?


Many hairstylists are like that.


But anyway. I agree with you, hairstylists arent supposed to that they are supposed to add to a womens beauty but somethings is up with that lady,





And that was especially mean considering your friend has alopecia
some people are just like that


we don't all come from the same area


people experience things differently and live in different surroundings that makes us who we are





that's the way she acts


she can't be rude like that to everyone





let it go


you;'ll meet more annoying people then her later on in life


believe me
Calling you a racist is out of order, lol anyway I understand where you're coming from. You just need to chose more reputable salons.
racist much?
Some people are just GHETTO, it does not matter what race they are.
I'm sorry...but I do think your twisted.





Racist *****
Actually it doesn't sound like the comment was directed to your friend. Those of us who know about quality hair extensions kind of balk when someone offers us something sub par like synthetic hair or non-remy hair. Her ';I'm glad I do hair'; comment might be just referring to the attendant bring out inferier quality hair. It sounds to me like a comment along the lines of ';I'm glad I know enough not to buy that stuff.';





It could be me but it doesn't sound like she was talking about your friend at all. I've said similar things that could be misinterpreted.





In addition, I don't think you should lump all african american stylists together based that one experience...or even on a handful of them. :)
I'm glad you asked this question. I graduated from cosmetology school and I worked as an assistant so far. A lot of them just don't have any respect and don't realize that it looks bad. It says something about them and the entire field of cosmetology. They hardly even respect co workers. My thing is respect what you do and have a professional attitude, instead they put cosmetology on a lower scale in the workplace. I'm puruing Nursing, there is a greater sense of respect in the field. See, I could comment on the african-american thing in detail(I'm not upset or anything) but I'll just say that the attitude of some people can take place in many situations but this a laid back (too relaxed) field so you see it often





As for your friend, she may have had tight braids or weaves (or it coulld be a health issue) as soon as she stops gettin that done and get a shampoo and conditioner that penetrates the scalp (this encourages hair growth) she'll be fine





1/2 inch per month is how long hair growth takes, so just wait it out and let the scalp breathe (important)- no wigs or you can make sure to take the wig off as soon as you get home. Good Luck
ummm maybe the ones you run into.....the ones I have met are so nice and sweet





you must not like black ppl.....you are mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment