Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fired by a hair stylist! Is this common?

Carter Barnes at Phipps Plaza, Atlanta. I've gone there twice. I went from long to short, and it's traumatizing. II went there because I saw someone at work whose short hair was cut really well. It was late on a weekday (tired, hungry) the second time I went and there wasn't enough time to do anything I expected to get done because the ';front desk'; only booked a 1/2 -hour for a 1-process color (!). So, I left a bit disappointed. I didn't leave there whistling zippity-doo-da, but I wasn't in tears. So, I booked another appointment a few weeks out to make sure there was plenty of time for the foils and attention that I needed. Anne, the stylist, had the receptionist call to say that she didn't want to do my hair anymore. I was insulted, hurt, amused, embarrassed (she's my co-worker's stylist) - a whole gamut of weird emotions. How would you handle this situation? It's rather new to be rejected by a mediocre stylist. And the funny part is that I ALWAYS tip 20% or more.Fired by a hair stylist! Is this common?
I would definitely never return to the that salon again, and I would write a complaint letter to the owner/manager of the salon. I have never heard of something so unprofessional in my life. I absolutely cannot believe she did that.Fired by a hair stylist! Is this common?
Did you complain to your co-worker? It's possible your displeasure with the first visit got back to her and she didn't want to risk further complaints to others about her work.
Who cares! Go to a different stylist. You are the one that is paying. Go to someplace better. Maybe she didn't have the time to do your hair or had to cancel for some reason. Maybe it wasn't that she didn't want to do your hair but just couldn't.
Go to the salon's manager and file a complaint. The stylist's behavior was unprofessional and needs to be brought to someone's attention. After that, choose another salon.
i suggest asking why and telling the manager if its a mean reason, and go somewhere else!
Err..Maybe ask why?? Sounds Weird!
Go somewhere else and don't tip so much.
  • foundation makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment