Saturday, August 21, 2010

I want to dye my hair...hair stylist or girls/boys who have dyed their hair tons of times plz read?!?

okay, so i'm african american and caucasian. i've dyed my hair twice within the last one and a half (first i did blondish/brown highlights) then i dyed my hair a darker brown (but i'm naturally a very dark brown/black headed girl) and now that my natural hair color has taken back over my head, i've decided i wanted to dye my hair again to even out the color. i dont want the brown color again but my bestie told me that dying my hair black will damage my hair and if i wanna go lighter again, i gotta bleach my hair....any color ideas or tips?I want to dye my hair...hair stylist or girls/boys who have dyed their hair tons of times plz read?!?
Ok first is your hair more like ethnic hair or caucasian?





If it is like african american hair then you should not use more than a 20 volume developer anytime when you lighten it with a decolorizer (aka bleach)





Anytime you use a chemical on your hair it does damage it some but I think what your friend probably means is that if you color it black and want to go lighter later then you will have to bleach it. Which is true because hair color will not lift other hair color.





Why do you have to bleach your hair? If you are going darker then it is deposit only and you will not need to lighten it.





I suggest that you go to a professional because hair color is very tricky and if it doesn't turn out the way you want then it will probably cost a lot to get it corrected.





Good luck:)I want to dye my hair...hair stylist or girls/boys who have dyed their hair tons of times plz read?!?
your bestie is wrong about going black. you can get a semi permanent color that is your natural hair color. it will cover the remaining color of the light brown.. and since you don't color your hair every 8 weeks, you should be fine. unless you do a chemical relaxer.





and if you want to go to a carmel color or lighter, you will have to bleach it and then tone it. that is a long process that i dont suggest you do yourself. you willl be calling the salon and spending alot of money to fix it.





good luck
Red is really good for evening out bad colorings (been there, done that), so is hair strips, and black doesn't damage your hair.
I suggest that you dont dye your hair black.


from my personal experience its really difficult to get the black dye out of your hair if u want to go to a lighter shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment