Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why won't my hair stylist get my hair as blonde as I want it?

Every time I go to my hair stylist, I bring her gads of pictures of the type of blonde I want (my hair has been really blonde before, so I know it looks good on me), but all she ever does is heavy highlighting and then ';bringing up the base';. I guess more of what I want is an all-over blonde ... not platinum, but not far from platinum.





Why does she just keep doing the same thing ... it never gets blonde enough, and then when I pull it back, it's dark underneath. I hate that!





I love her, and she always did great work before I wanted to go really blonde. What's the deal? Should I try a new stylist?Why won't my hair stylist get my hair as blonde as I want it?
I would try a new stylist. I always always used to get my hair dyed platinum and close to platinum with NO problem. I have DEFINITELY dealt with hair stylists that wont dye your hair blond because they will say it will cause major damage and your hair will fall out. This is bull. My friend ALWAYS gets her hair platinum, and her hair is fine. You need to go to a top of the line stylist, not those hair dressers you'll find in the mall or a typical one like ';First Choice.'; They are AWEFUL and will claim that dying your hair platinum or light blond is bad and will damage. They are not the ones getting their hair dyed. Tell them you WANT that or you will not pay. It's a simple as that.





ALTHOUGH if you have recently dyed your hair a dark colour and then try to go back blond, it will most likely be very bad.





Hope that helped:) I will show you a pic of my friends hair.





http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/389/l鈥?/a>





she is the one with the blond, obv.Why won't my hair stylist get my hair as blonde as I want it?
i think it's time to try another stylist. I worked at a hair salon many times. It could be a couple of different things, she could be afraid that she might damage your hair or maybe she can't mix the right bleach.


Next time you go in and get your hair done and your not happy you need to say something or its going to keep happening.


Suggest to your hair stylist to use 7th stage, it's a great product. I have dark brown hair and 7th stage takes me not far from platinum.


Good luck.
If you have really dark hair, your hairdresser may advise you to only go to a certain level of lightness. The lighter you go, the more chemicals need to be used....ultimately resulting in fried hair. An alternative would be to go a few shades lighter at a time. space it out a month or few..
Maybe she's trying to tell you in her own way that it wouldn't look good on you.





Maybe she doesn鈥榯 understand what you want.





Maybe she doesn鈥檛 care.





Maybe you should fire her *** and get a hair dresser that does what she's paid to do.
tell her that it wasn't what you wanted and ask why she won't go blonde on you.
Tell her to redo it until you get what you want. your not paying her to do what she decides.
First of all, why would you want to have blonde hair????? and second, you should try a new hair stylist
tell her exactly what you want, maybe shes trying not to go that blonde on you because she doesn't want to fry your hair.
First tell the stylist what they did wrong or if they can't improve the hair color . Go to a new stylist.
try a new stylist and be specific with what you want
dye it maybe


try a lighter color
yes
maybe your real hair is too dark?
Either she sees that your pictures are showing styles in her professional opinion wont look good on you, and are so drastic, shes afraid she will have to redo it at her expense. Or you simply need a new stylist, and when she does as you ask, you do not have the right to request a free fix job if you are not happy, if shes done exactly as you want. Could it be the price you want to pay, vs the chemicals needed and time that do not allow her to do your hair as you wished?


There is alot to take into consideration in this. Going real blond too takes really healthy not oveprocesseded hair, she may not want to insult you and say your hair is not up to par for this. Stripping is very hard on your hair and depending on your hair type, shes not willing to risk her reputation, or risk damaging your hair.
Tell her firmly this time...Everytime I tell you I want it THIS blond you give me THAT blond...I want this blond right here...All over my head...even underneath...can you do this for me...wait for a yes or a no...if she says yes then let her try again...if she doesn't do it, then go to someone else...If they do it the way you want then go back to your favorite lady and she will have to keep it up the way it is.


If she says no, ask why... then you already know you gotta go somewhere else
well something similar like this happened to me.


if you've been going to her for a while she may seen too comfortable with you.


she may think you won't like it or something like that.





i would suggest you tell her you want it exactly like the picture.


and make sure you specify no heavy highlights or ';bringing up the base.';





or...





you could change hair stylists.


go somewhere where it's more updated and more trendy.


they would probably know more of what your talking about rather than your old stylist.





not only that, but since you're new... and since they want to keep you as a client, they will style your hair exactly the way you want it. so you will come back to their shop.








:)


i hope i helped.
Speaking for hairdressers:





Hairdressers shouldn't do the color the Person desires according to a picture.





When they are showen the picture they could never get it to look exactly like the picture, expesically with colors cause the lighting could be different in the picture.





What hairstylist should do: Take out the look of colors and make you could from there.





Its ok if you want to bring a picture along with you, but whechoosingng a color you should always have the book of coloring in front of you while choosing.





Remember it never turns out exactly like a picture.





Good luck with your hair. Hope i helped.





Suggestion: Try not to dye your hair blonde so much, Bleach really damages your hair. give you hair a break.
Did you ask her not to use bleach? Or does she think the condition of your hair would suffer? Like, is it already really dry or frizzy? Just tell her it's too dark and you'd like her to match it *exactly* to the colour in the picture. If she still doesn't do it as you like, try a new stylist and have a consultation with them beforehand, so that they know exactly what you want.





As for the highlighting, they do half-head and full-head, the latter are obviously more expensive, but they colour all of your hair. It sounds like she's only doing a half-head, because that's what I used to have and it was left dark underneath x

No comments:

Post a Comment